Verification pays! By verifying your farm, you show your peers and neighbors that being a steward of the land is important to you.
MAEAP benefits Michigan by:
- Protecting natural resources using environmentally sound practices.
- Having emergency plans ready to deal with the unexpected.
- Using proven scientific standards to protect our air, water and soil.
- Maximizing natural fertilizer use and reducing use of fertilizers made from fossil fuels.
- Making good neighbors.
- Helping protect the Great Lakes.
- Ensuring safe storage of fuel, fertilizer and chemicals.
- Balancing efficient production and sound environmental practices.
- Taking care of the land while making a living from the land.
- Check out all the environmental benefits that MAEAP accomplished in 2016 as well as 2013-2016.
After becoming MAEAP verified, a farm can display a MAEAP sign signifying that MAEAP partners recognize the farm is environmentally assured. Please contact your MAEAP Verifier to request additional signs.
MAEAP also encourages verified farms to use the MAEAP logo under certain conditions. Before using the logo, verified farms must download and complete the MAEAP Logo Use Agreement and file it with the MAEAP office. There shall be no use of the MAEAP logo without the proper usage rights given after filling out this agreement.
You can also purchase apparel with the MAEAP logo on it.