Michigan Conservation District Technicians Honored at Annual MAEAP Training Kick-Off
Posted on 2013-12-11EST2:31PM
LANSING, Mich. - The Michigan Agriculture Environmental Assurance Program (MAEAP) recognized the outstanding contributions of individuals and conservation districts during the annual MAEAP Training Kick-Off, held in conjunction with the Michigan Association of Conservation Districts Convention and Annual Meeting.
The awardees are:
· MAEAP Technical Assistance Leadership Team Representation - Tom Wert, Shiawassee Conservation District
· MAEAP Technical Assistance Award - Jodi Venema, Missaukee Conservation District
· MAEAP Grant Host of the Year - Sanilac Conservation District
· MAEAP Verification Award - Kyle McCarty, Sanilac Conservation District
· MAEAP A*Systs Award - Jodi Venema, Missaukee Conservation District
· Most Risk Reductions - Kyle McCarty, Sanilac Conservation District
MAEAP is a collaborative effort of farmers, the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD), conservation districts, commodity organizations, universities, conservation and environmental groups, and state and federal agencies. More than 100 local coordinators and technical service providers assist farmers as they move through the MAEAP process toward verification.
An average of 5,000 Michigan farmers attend educational programs annually. Approximately 10,000 Michigan farms have started the verification process with nearly 2,000 verifications completed to date.
For more information, visit the MAEAP website at www.maeap.org or contact Jan Wilford, MDARD’s MAEAP Program Manager, at (517) 284-5608. For information on all conference awards, visit the MACD website at www.macd.org.